What’s a habitat?
- Habitat: natural home or environment for plants and animals.
- The plants and animals that live together form a community.
- Animals need five things to survive:
- place to raise young
- If an animal cannot find one of these needs, they must relocate. When habitats become scarce (such as forests), animals risk becoming endangered.
- Ecosystem: a biological community of interacting organisms and their physical environment.
- Niche: the smallest unit of the habitat a plant or animal occupies (physical space); also describes the plant or animal’s role.
- Critical Habitat: areas that are protected by laws that forbid people from hunting or bothering the animals that live there.
Divide them into groups: one for habitat
then they take notes: